The castle of Bonport-Tresserve throught the ages
The first traces of the castle date back to 1344, as the property of Humbert de Seyssel.
1584 - The Castle of Bon Port is built
1668 – The CAPRE family of Megève
François Capré of Megève becomes the owner on the 19th of February 1668. He gives the Castle a complete makeover, builds a home in the courtyard, horse stables and outbuildings.
1706 – Following his death, his surviving heirs are his son Hyacinthe, count of Megève and knight of honor of the Senate, followed by his grandson, François-Hyacinthe, colonel of the Dragons of the King known as the ‘Knight of Bon Port.’ His brother comes after him, Charles-Auguste-Joseph, officer of the Regiment of Savoy. He sells the realm in 1751.
1751 – The CREMPIGNY family
Louis François Bertier of Saint VIncent, lord of Crempigny, buys the castle. The family will remain in the castle until the tragic death of Adèle of Crempigny, the White Lady.
1806 – Joachim Mayan, Director of Customs in the province of Parma.
1809 – François Magnin, annuitant from Aix-les-Bains.
He turns the location into an elegant hostel and organizes dinners and electoral campaign for the rich bathers from Aix. At this time the castle becomes a very popular strolling place.
1847 – The Baron and Baroness of the Bourget
1870 – Joseph Charlton Parr, British. He lives here nearly 45 years. He expands the castle and restores it in 1872.
1914 – Henri Gauthier, an industrialist from Lyon. He then leaves the property to his daughter, spouse of Mr. Dupoizat.
The 1960s bring change to the castle : widening of the road and tourism developments (The Lido).
1970 – Mr. Joseph Claret Tournier, hotel keeper from Courchevel, buys the Castle of Bon Port from Mrs. Dupoizat. He lives here with his spouse and children. The farm, whose final renter was the Dumoulin family, is sold to a promoter: the land is subdivided under the name of ‘Poet’s Hill’.
Upon his death, the Castle changes hands once more. This new owner rents the property that becomes a disco.
2008 – The castle is completely destroyed by fire.
2013 – Mr. Nicolas Claret Tournier, hotel keeper from Courchevel (www.lelana.com) buys his childhood home and begins complete restoration to return the castle to its former glory.
2020 – The structural work completed, the finishing work stage begins.
2021 – The castle of Tresserve is now opened to welcome your events (wedding, seminar…)